Jobs and Internships
The Center for International Media Assistance operates with a very small team, but when we have open positions, they are posted here.
Intern, Center for International Media Assistance / Spring 2014 (Job #1326):
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world. The Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA), an initiative of NED, works to strengthen the support, raise the visibility, and improve the effectiveness of media assistance programs throughout the world. The Center approaches its mission by providing information, building networks, conducting research, and highlighting the indispensable role independent media play in the creation and development of sustainable democracies around the world.
Position Summary: CIMA is currently seeking an intern for the spring 2014 semester. The internship is open to current graduate and undergraduate students and will be full or part-time for the spring 2014 semester, depending on the intern’s schedule. The duties include researching topics on media assistance and digital media, writing, tracking information from meetings and hearings, and assisting with arranging meetings and events. Applicants must possess strong computer, writing, and research skills. Applicants should have an interest in journalism, international relations, development, and/or democracy work. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
• Researching topics on media assistance and digital media
• Writing (including assisting in website entries, summaries of meetings attended during the internship etc.)
• Tracking information from meetings and hearings
• Assisting with arranging meetings and events
• The internship is open to current undergraduate or graduate students.
• Applicants must possess strong computer, writing, and research skills.
• Applicants should have an interest in journalism, international relations, development, or democracy work.
• Candidates must be able to receive academic credit for the internship and therefore must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program in a related field.
• Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail. Students must also have strong computer skills.
Time Commitment: 24-40 hrs/week (not to exceed 40 hours per week)
commitment for the duration of the internship.
Travel Reimbursement: $10/day for commuter expenses
Application Deadline: December 6, 2013
Anticipated Start Date: January 6, 2014
Orientation Dates: January 6-10, 2014
Anticipated End Date: May 2014
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your completed application for academic credit for internship, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and CIMA Intern – Job #1326 in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please no phone calls. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org.